Makeup or no makeup? You tell me.
What I want to know is, does it really matter? Who gives a poop if I'm wearing makeup or not! It seems to me that people care a whole lot. There's two different sides to this whole thing - or there are two dominate sides. The first, its sad that girls can't feel comfortable not wearing makeup. The second is probably the less talked about and its who cares if you wear makeup or not. Wear it or don't wear it. Wear it for the right reasons, wear it for the wrong reasons...I can't really say I care too much. Who's going to tell you what those right reasons are? No one. Especially not males who don't wear makeup! I love makeup, I think its so fun and creative and it gives me confidence. I'm not here to lie and say that I don't wear it for that reason. That would just be lying. I do wear makeup almost on a daily basis because it makes me feel more comfortable, more confident and better about myself. There.
*When you clicked on this link you probably didn't expect this kind of post, so please excuse my angsty tone and I won't be offended if you click away!*
*When you clicked on this link you probably didn't expect this kind of post, so please excuse my angsty tone and I won't be offended if you click away!*
Now lets talk about how many people tell me that that is sad. To me its not sad. I've had multiple conversations with people who feel bad for girls who wear makeup for that reason. And to be honest it makes me a little bit angry. Don't get me wrong, I want everyone to feel comfortable, confident and beautiful in their own skin, regardless of if that skin is covered in foundation or not. I want you to know that you are beautiful. Not your makeup. You. I want you to know that regardless of if your makeup looks good (which I will definitely point out and tell you!), you are a beautiful, wonderful, unique person. But I want you to know that if you want to wear makeup because you feel more confident in it, you can. I think that all of the talk about unrealistic expectations on women in society and makeup is needed. I agree, there are unrealistic expectations on girls. And boys. But I'm tired of having conversations with people where I feel bad for wearing makeup. I wear makeup 5/7 days a week and I do so because I feel better about myself when I wear it. Don't feel bad for me, or feel like you have to fight for me. Don't look at me or read this and feel sad that society has impacted the way I view myself. Because it hasn't. I know that my value isn't lie within my makeup bag(s). I like wearing makeup, it gives me confidence, it makes me look presentable and I have fun doing it. I don't like leaving the house without makeup so...I rarely leave the house without makeup! I know that I'm more than my eyeliner and blush, I know my personality, my relationships, my character traits, my conversations, my intellect, my creativity and my interests are what make me who I am. But that shouldn't stop me from spending 20mins in the morning putting on makeup because it makes me feel good. And you shouldn't either. I don't want to feel bad anymore about putting on a face full of makeup because I like it. We live in a world that judges us outwardly, and based on our appearance. But guess what? People are going to get to know you, regardless of whether or not you have makeup on. They're going to love you or hate you for more than whats on your face. People are going to get to know me and they're going to love me or hate me for me. Not my makeup. So the way I see it is, if I want to do this for me, I'm going to.
The way I see it, if you like me for me you're going to see me sans makeup. And seeing me without my makeup isn't going to change how you feel. If it does....well then you probably don't like me for who I am. Makeup makes me feel better, and it makes me happy! Let's all share the happy okay? I know you don't have to wear makeup to feel beautiful. I know. And I don't want you to think that's what you have to do. But if I want to...why can't I?
This is sort of a little ranty and I'm sorry if it seems a little aggressive to you, but its something that's been bothering me lately and I thought I'd flesh it out here on my blog. I'm aware that people may not agree with me, but nonetheless this is how I feel and it very well might only be my feelings. Either way, I hope you enjoyed delving into my brain a little!
Also, for your enjoyment I know I included a outlandish number of pictures of myself. I'm me in all of them - makeup or not, just remember that.
Until next time,
xoxo






No comments:
Post a Comment