Now that I've established the craziness of my life currently, I thought I'd do a little lame photo/caption thing explaining what I've been up to these past weeks!
Let's go!
I know it's not march anymore but I have to mention my publication because I'm still totally freaking out about that event! If you didn't know (which I highly doubt), one of my poems was published in an online journal called Literary Orphans in March! This has been incredibly exciting for me and I've been really happy to share it with everyone here on my blog.
Here's the link to my poem: http://www.literaryorphans.org/playdb/lake-next-house-rebekah-veerasammy/
And here's a link to the blog post I wrote about it: http://blogsbybeckah.blogspot.ca/2014/03/are-we-not-orphans-together.html
Next up, I got to spend some time with 2 of my very good friends, Alexi and Peony. I really love friendships that just work, no matter how much time you spend apart. I love these girls and seeing them in-between papers was a huge pick-me-up.
These past few weeks I've been loving instagram! I know it's weird to say but I honestly have been enjoying snapping quick picks of my life (and my outfits) and posting them up there. I don't know if I annoy anyone with my spamming of pictures but I thoroughly have been enjoying it! I've also been thinking of doing a few beauty related blog posts if that would be interesting to anyone...we shall see!
This month I also had the absolute pleasure of attending the Formal for Power to Change. This was such a great night to connect with other christians on campus and some from other campuses. I really enjoyed my night and it was really nice to be able to look back on the last few months that I've been involved with P2C. I've been so grateful and excited to participate and enjoy this group at school!
Obviously, I've barely been blogging recently but that doesn't mean I've been letting my writing slip up. Literary Orphans gave me a shove in the right direction and got me motivated to write and submit more of my writing. I've submitted a few more pieces here and there to other publications and I've been writing like a crazy lady...which to be honest, I think I am. I don't have a picture to go with this so you can just have my face instead of a poem ;) It's a horrifying one, so enjoy!
And last, but certainly not least, I went to see my favourite singer (Gavin Degraw) perform on wednesday night. I can't put into words how amazing that night was and how pumped I still am from it. If you've talked to me in person about you, you will certainly know how excited I still am. It was really just a great night. Such a good time!
I also got a really awesome shirt...so yeah that's pretty awesome!
I believe that is all from me for now! I've got 4 exams to get through this week before I'm back with frequent blog posts!!! yay! This month will be jam-packed with poems, rants and maybe a few serious posts in there as well! Thanks for reading!
Until next time
xoxo

No comments:
Post a Comment