It's final assignment season which means that my stress detector is officially in the red zone. The red zone as in, I'm probably going to have minor anxiety until these next 2 weeks are over. The red zone as in my eye bags are going to be as big as those giant Sephora bags you never see because nobody ever buys that much stuff there. The red zone as in I probably shouldn't be blogging or attempting to explain the red zone because it only makes sense in my head. Yet here I am, and here you are. It's final season and I'm in desperate need for a mental health day. The fact of the matter is, I don't have time for a day strictly devoted to relaxation, rest and pamper. Another fact which is probably the biggest fact I know right now, is that I need a mental health day or I'm probably not going to make it through. So again, here I am. I've been thinking a lot today about what this stress is doing to me. In some ways stress can be a good thing, it's called good stress (who would have thought! ;)). Good stress is stress that evokes excitement. It's when your heart quickens and you feel a good emotion; such as happiness. Good stress comes from activities that you want to do...not things you feel like you have to do. In other words, it comes from things that you desire to do, are passionate about and things that make your life exciting. On the other hand, there is also bad stress. I think we all know what kind of stress that is. And that stress (the red zone stress) is bad for us and for our health if we experience it too much and it becomes chronic. This is where I'm torn and hopefully where it'll all become clear to me (everything does when I write it out). School is stressful sometimes, it's just a fact of life. I think most of us would agree that that is true. I certainly do.
So I've decided, I have about 2 weeks of assignments and papers to get through and I know that my stress is going to be in the red zone for the majority of those 2 weeks. Since I can't have a mental health day, I'm going to have a mental health hour everyday. Even if it cuts into my studying time. It's so important to take care of your body, not just physically, but also mentally. Your mental health is just as important as your physical health. And we may not hear that as often as we hear about physical health, but it's so true. Whether it's me taking an hour for a lush bath, or doing my nails and watching an episode of Chicago Fire. I want to do something for me everyday. If you're feeling stressed, I challenge you to do the same. Take care of yourself, give yourself a break and get outta the red zone - even if it's just for an hour!
Until next time!
xoxo
No comments:
Post a Comment