Saturday, January 25, 2014

Without

The wrinkles on my hands
Tell the story
Of how I have loved you

And time has worn
My skin so thin
My veins will lead you
Straight to my heart

They said that time heals all wounds
But time has woven them under my eyes
And I have taken the pain
Like a pill every morning

My days have been greyer
Fogged over by watery eyes
I can only see a blur
Of the world around me

And time
Has healed nothing-
It has weighed on my limbs
And my bones have shattered

My only comfort
Is knowing that you will see me
One day

And I smile only slightly
Interrupting the thin lines of grief
That have settled on my skin
Because I know you will see me

And you will know
That this body
Is not me
It is a whisper of me

You will see me but you will not know
That I am happy in my sadness
I am happy in my scars

I am happy
With how I have loved
Endlessly

And I am happy
With the way my love
Has become a part of me
How it and I are one

I am happy even though
I am without



Hi lovely readers! I hope this weekend finds you happy and rested. I struggled this week with posting a poem and I finally decided to post one that I had written a few months ago. Sorry for the delay on this one! In other news, I submitted a poem to an online literary journal! It will be interesting to see how this plays out and I will definitely keep you guys up to date (if you're interested of course!)
Thanks for your patience and your continued support, enjoy!

No comments:

Post a Comment