Saturday, January 11, 2014

Waves


There is sea foam in my hair
That won't wash out
From the time we decided to swim after midnight
Our bodies neck deep in icy ocean waters

And there is sand in my shoes
That won't come loose from in between my toes
From every time we walked across the beach
And forgot to rinse our feet

There is salt on my lips
That won't rub off
From the time I swallowed water
And you kissed my mouth dry

I can hear the waves in my ears
Your voice coming at me like a riptide
And the breeze hits my face
Leaving me in your wake

And the sounds of the sea reminds me of your laugh
And I miss it
The ocean is too far from my feet
And never too far from my mind


*** Hi lovely readers! Hope you're still out there, so sorry for the delay on my second Friday Feature! Hope you enjoy this poem I've been working on for the last week :)

No comments:

Post a Comment