Tomorrow I'll being saying goodbye to one of my best friends before she goes off to the states for university. Kelsie has honestly been one of the only people that has kept me centered and has challenged me to grow this year. I always know that when I have a conversation with her I'm going to learn something new and that I'm not always going to love what she has to say to me. The thing is, she always has my best interests at heart. I love friendships like that - ones where you know that the other person knows how you feel and respects that but challenges that. I think that too often we surround ourselves with people who think just like us, or those who won't force us to question the way we think. It's so refreshing when you're prompted to question yourself and the way you live your life. That's the friendship I have with Kelsie. When I say goodbye to her tomorrow at her party I'm definitely going to be holding back an oceans worth of tears. I'm going to miss our frequent breakfast dates and starbucks chats, but there's a great sense of peace within me when I think about the new chapters of our lives that we're on the brink of. The next stage of our lives is going to be quite stressful and if this past year was any indicator I know that I'll need Kelsie by my side. Ironically enough, she inspired me to write this post. This girl is a serious gem and anyone who can call her a friend is so blessed. So I'll leave you with her words to think on.
"Sometimes I think being apart is worth it just because reunions are so dang wonderful"
I've never met a wiser woman of God in my entire life and I'm so glad that she's part of my journey.
(I realized we have really crappy pictures together...but really great memories to make up for it)
No comments:
Post a Comment