Saturday, May 24, 2014

A Poem

At the request of my lovely Aunt and Uncle I've decided to post this poem! I know its been forever since I've posted anything and you all have my deepest apologies, hope you enjoy this and here's hoping there will be more where this came from soon! Also for lack of a better title I just used the main line....if you haven't guessed already titling is not my strongest talent.


HARD TO LOVE

I read online that I should be
With someone who doesn't
Make me feel like I'm hard to love

I say give me someone
Who knows I'm hard to love
But loves me anyway

Give me a lover who struggles
But fights

Give me a fighter who is honest
But kind

I am skin and bones
I belong to a futile age
A futile fight
To love the unlovable

I say give me someone who
Sees my bloodied hands
And helps me wash them

Look at my unlovable heart
And love me still

I say give me a lover
And a fighter

No comments:

Post a Comment