Thursday, December 26, 2013

The Most Wonderful Time Of The Year

It's the most wonderful time of the year!

Christmas has come and gone and I've had the most wonderful time. I love spending time with family and friends and partaking in all the holiday traditions that have developed within my little (or not so little family). Right now I'm sitting on my nana's couch, in the midst of what was supposed to be a boxing day brunch. I'm looking out into a huge, Narnia-like backyard and listening to relatives in the kitchen, as well as my uncle playing the uke on the couch across from me. So I guess you could say its the perfect way to enjoy some family time (with a laptop). I assure you I'm joking...kind of. Last night I enjoyed Christmas dinner with my dad's side at my house. That mostly included really loud cousins talking about past relationships in the basement, grandparents wrapping last minute presents and lots and lots of cookies. We also did the traditional stuff like turkey, present exchange and the Christmas story. My grandma loves to bring along carol lyrics and we all sing around the christmas tree. I think that's my favourite part about our dinner. Although we get really crazy sometimes and I often feel the need to take a breather from the madness in my room or a quite corner, I love my family and whenever we can all get together and spend some time just enjoying being together. It really is a great time of the year and I really do love my family. Believe me, I'm sitting in the midst of them and nobody is making me type that. Although my uncle Randy does say hello! Merry Christmas readers of my tiny little blog! Hope you've had a lovely holiday, spent with those who really matter. Give 'em a hug and let them know they're important to you, because those are the people that really matter.

My mom always sets the table so nicely for Christmas morning

My Christmas ootd

Mom and Dad decided to be cute and matchy






One of the many festive tables 


Sibling and cousins 


"I look like a mad-man" - a direct quote from my papa

My dad and my aunt Ros


After my papa gave my nana a kiss! So cute!

No comments:

Post a Comment