That's the way I feel today. It's been a poopy day and I feel the exhaustion deep into my bones. You may think, wow Rebekah's being really dramatic with this blog post - but really, it's been a rough one. I think the worst exhaustion is emotional, and I've been through the ringer today. I attended the funeral for my grade 11 English teacher and it was a really moving service, but an incredibly long day. The sadness combined with the freezing wind that apparently has hit us (welcome November, so far you really suck!), was enough to do me in. A few weeks ago I went to my friends wedding and today I attended a funeral, life comes at you fast and today I feel like an adult. Surrounding the grave was a multitude of students with puffy red eyes and teachers who looked devastated. All I could think was, kids shouldn't have to go through this. High school students shouldn't have to face death and children shouldn't have to lose their mother. All throughout high school all I wanted was to grow up and get outta there. Fast. I feel like an adult today and I really wish I didn't.
I want to be able to be the adult that says "God is good" even when life is not. It's been a poopy day, but I want to be the adult that doesn't let that break her down. So if I have to be an adult, that's the adult I want to be.
This is a song that was sang at the funeral today, I think I'm gonna download it tonight. Take a minute (or three) and listen, I promise you won't regret it.
No comments:
Post a Comment