One thing I know all of us will remember is that she was so approachable and always smiling. She had a family related by blood but she also had a family related through knowledge - her students. I think that's a great legacy to leave behind, to have left such a mark on the young people who are still learning and those who are out of high school in the real world. She left such a beautiful message for us, she taught us to smile and to be happy. That is something I'll always value.
Getting this news has made me so devastated, especially because I never visited my high school while I've been on reading week. It's been such a shock and I know that this loss is touching and affecting all of the lives of the rest of her past students. All of us are so far away from each other yet we're mourning her in the same way. I think that's why I feel it so strongly. We all should be together to comfort each other and feel this together, but we're not. And it's so hard to wrap my mind around the fact that she actually is gone and that all the future English students who walk into her classroom won't get to see her smile or hear her laugh. I'm so sorry for her loss and my condences go out in tenfold to her family. I remember sitting down in her English class everyday in grade 11 and that's the year I started writing more. I know without a shadow of a doubt that she influenced my passion of writing and for that I am so grateful. Her class was a safe haven for me and she changed everybody who had her as a teacher. She should be around to see that impact and change, she should have lived to see the influence she had on her student just by smiling.
You will always be missed Ms. Owala. Your laugh will always be missed in the hallways, your smile will be missed in the classrooms, your knowledge will be missed always and your light will forever be remembered. Thank you for that. Thank you for touching every life. We have all been blessed to know you. We lost you too early, and my condolences go to your family and to every student and teacher who is dealing with your tragic loss today.
R.I.P Ms. Owala
Getting this news has made me so devastated, especially because I never visited my high school while I've been on reading week. It's been such a shock and I know that this loss is touching and affecting all of the lives of the rest of her past students. All of us are so far away from each other yet we're mourning her in the same way. I think that's why I feel it so strongly. We all should be together to comfort each other and feel this together, but we're not. And it's so hard to wrap my mind around the fact that she actually is gone and that all the future English students who walk into her classroom won't get to see her smile or hear her laugh. I'm so sorry for her loss and my condences go out in tenfold to her family. I remember sitting down in her English class everyday in grade 11 and that's the year I started writing more. I know without a shadow of a doubt that she influenced my passion of writing and for that I am so grateful. Her class was a safe haven for me and she changed everybody who had her as a teacher. She should be around to see that impact and change, she should have lived to see the influence she had on her student just by smiling.
You will always be missed Ms. Owala. Your laugh will always be missed in the hallways, your smile will be missed in the classrooms, your knowledge will be missed always and your light will forever be remembered. Thank you for that. Thank you for touching every life. We have all been blessed to know you. We lost you too early, and my condolences go to your family and to every student and teacher who is dealing with your tragic loss today.
R.I.P Ms. Owala
And to anyone else who is reading and/or experiencing this loss - you matter. What you do matters. You have an impact on the people around you; Ms. Owala's life is a testament of that. Even if you didn't know her, if you saw her smile you were changed and affected by it. So smile because that's what she would have wanted. Even one small smile can change someone's life.
(I realize this post may be fragmented and out of the blue, but for me the best way to process something is to write about it, this is my way of working through the loss of someone we all loved)
(I realize this post may be fragmented and out of the blue, but for me the best way to process something is to write about it, this is my way of working through the loss of someone we all loved)
No comments:
Post a Comment